- The Happy Lion by Louise Fatio and Roger Duvoisin. We read this book several times a day, at Finn’s urging. He just starts saying “Happy! Happy!” until we get the picture. Thanks to Anne Nack for giving us this terrific book!
- “Dak-oh-Dahs” (Corn Flakes) for breakfast. This is Finn’s way of saying “cock-a-doodle-doo!” when he sees the cereal box.
- Hooks of all sorts. He sees them on the drawings of tow trucks in our Richard Scarry books, and has found a few in the back of our neighbor’s truck. He refers to them as “No Pat No,” recalling a cactus-sitting character in Hop on Pop.
- Tubes. Paper towel tubes, toilet paper tubes, straws, anything tube-like that Finn can stick objects in.
- Stroobs (our name for strawberries). He really enjoys eating and talking about them.
- “Peek!” He loves to hide behind chairs or other objects and slooooowly peek around the edge, then shout “PEEK!” when we see him.
- Pow-wow walking. When he’s being silly, he kind of crouches down and takes lots of little bitty steps, which makes me think of the Native American dances you see at pow-wows.
- Daddy blowing bubbles in the bathtub water. Finn grabs John’s head and pulls it down towards the tub until John starts blowing bubbles. It looks a bit strange, but Finny absolutely loves it.
- “Ham and DumDum”, a.k.a. our neighbor Kim and her dog Samson.
- His Chicken Shirt, which, when putting it on for the day, inspires our boy to start saying “bok bok bok!”
One reply on “Finn’s 10 Favorite Things (June 24th Edition)”
#9: That’s love…when you get nicknames like that!