Skip to the content
- “Come on,” says Finn, drawing me towards our living room Lego zone. “Come see our Duplofications!”
- One of our pieces snapped. “Honestly, Mom-O,” says Finn, shaking his head, “I… I’m just not going to happy up about that broken Lego.”
- At bedtime: “Dad-O, my body is just hopping around saying, ‘I can’t wait to play with those Legos!!’ But I said, ‘Tummy, you can play with them mañana!”
- Finn’s threatening his Lego guys: “I’ll throw you in the dungeon with Elton John & Flava Flav!” (Don’t ever let your kids watch TV.)
- Run-DMC’s “It’s Tricky” comes on. “I know there’s Jam-Master Jay in there somewhere!” announces Finn.
- Finn channels Florence & The Machine to request help with his burger: “Rip it up rip it up, Rip it up rip it up, whoOOOoah!”
- Hearing “Sympathy for the Devil,” Finn observes, “I hear a bunch of hoo-ing.” We agree it’s sung by a team of [scrawny, coked-up] owls.
- I’m trying some Chili Peppers “Aeroplane” on the boys. “This makes my mind blow away!” says Hen.
- Henry’s confused by the song “Indian Outlaw.” “His baby is a Chippewa? Actually a baby is a fetus.”
- Of birds & names:
- I kinda wish All Things Considered were hosted, as Finn believes it is, by “Robber Seagull.”
- I dreamt our boys hung out with Jason Segel (who, full grown, claimed to be two and a half). Finn’s incredulous: “Jason Seagull??”
- “Dad-O, why is it called Twitter?”
“Well, it sounds kinda like birds tweeting.”
“Oh, so it’s called ‘blah blah.'” (Verbatim, I swear!)