Skip to the content
- I taught the boys a bit about Teddy Roosevelt.
“‘Speak softly…'” whispers Finn.
“Yeah,” says Henry, “‘…and carry a big snack!'”
- Finn’s growing antsy after dinner out. “I wanna do that dash-and-dine technique!”
- After the dentist we went to Wienerschnitzel for what Finn dubs “emergency corn dogs.”
- Finn’s skeptical that Leo could’ve been bathed/dried so fast. (Margot had swapped Leos.) “I guess Mom-O must’ve put him in the panini press…”
- The boys hear movie quotes on NPR.
Finn to Henry: “You can’t handle the truth!”
Henry, indignant: “I can handle the truth!!”
- Finn holds his filthy lion blankie to his nose, huffing deeply. “He’s a 4yo Dennis Hopper,” says his proud mom.
- Naked Finn channels Daniel Day-Lewis: “If you’ve got a fruit bar, & I’ve got a fruit bar, I stretch acroooooss the room… I. Eat. Your. Fruit bar!!”
- Star Wars:
- Henry puts his bib over his face. “Now I’m Darth Vader!” Then he spins it around back to make his cape.
- “‘Benefits?'” asks an incredulous Finn, listening to NPR. “It’s actually Boba Fetts!”