If you’re going to drive hundreds of miles with small children, then lie in bed for hours while one jumps excitedly on each of your outstretched arms… well, you could pick a far worse destination than redwood-rich Northern California.
Our trip up to Fortuna, CA saw us…
- stopping off to drive through the colossal Chandelier Tree
- picking up a toy ice cream & VW for the boys (“Like… Jose’s Beetle!” says Hen)
- stopping for lunch beside a monster truck school bus, where the guys climbed onto a forklift (“Driving Guido!” from Cars)
- losing the ice cream truck at a gas station (big freak-out!!)
- amazingly, finding the truck at the same station the next day!!*
- listening to Henry narrate the Avenue of the Giants (“Tree tipped over, Dad-O. Scooper [garbage] truck did it.”)
Without further ado, check out the gallery!
* Finn recounted the experience rather breathlessly to Mom-O: “I was just so excited about it, I couldn’t even give the truck a smooch!!”