Skip to the content
- Sugar highs:
- The boys wake up, bouncing around.
Finn: “We need donuts to be little champs!!”
Henry: “Yeah, I don’t have ENERGY. I’m a lazy BONE!!”
- Finn emerges from his nap, whispering: “Remember our plan? [sings quietly] ‘Sugar in the mornin’, sugar in the evenin’, sugar at suppertime!'”
- My workout terminology intrigues Finn. “‘Flat flies’? Sounds like you’re making fly pancakes.”
- Henry turns to me: “Dad-O, I’m a pickle.”
Me: “A… what?
H: “Yeah: I’m picking my boogies.”
- Pretzel power:
- Southwest Airlines must season their pretzels with “bath salts,” given Finn’s reaction. “Aaagh, I want to suck your arm hair!!” (I suggest that he enjoy his own. “But I just have peach fuzz!!” he protests.)
- I hear the boys singing in the kitchen: “Auntie Laura’s pretzels bring all the boys to the yard/That’s right, they’re better than yours…”
- Proud Moments In Fatherhood: 4yo nudist streaks past brandishing a beef jerky stick while chanting, “Bang me in the head with a meat stick!”