They say it takes a village to raise a child—or in our case, to photograph one. 😌
Following our trip to Colorado, Finn & Hen set out on their first unaccompanied trip to visit Grandma & Grandpa Nack. Armed with iPads, flip phones, and what proved to be a truly ungodly number of in-flight cookies (thanks, kindly flight attendants!), they got through the process without a hitch. After landing, highlights of the trip included:
- Visiting the Botanical Gardens with my folks.
- Meeting up with lots & lots of cousins at Aunt Judy & Uncle Bruce’s house where they celebrated Henry’s 10th birthday & enjoyed a cake from Katie. Aunt Judy fell in love with Hen, we’re told, and cousin Matt observed, “That Finn is one cool dude.” ☺️
- Riding on the milk route with Uncle Ted (9 hours for Finn, starting around 3am!) and on the Alpine Slide (a birthday treat for Hen while Finn caught up on lost sleep!).
- Cruising down the Galena pool’s slide dozens & dozens of times.
- Cuddling with “James,” the little stuffed pooch Grandma thoughtfully gave to Seamus-missing Finn.
- …and no doubt a bunch more I’m forgetting! (The lads are once again spending time away from us as I write this, so I’ll have to ask for additions once they return from camp.)
Thanks to my folks & fam for showing them such a good time, and for cousins Jill, Amy, and Sarah for pooling their photos with my mom’s. Here’s a little gallery of the goings-on.